This is a great opportunity to learn some new skills in leadership like facilitation and relationship building!
Express your interest in becoming a Group Lead for the virtual Policy Solutions Day 2020.
Virtual Policy Solutions Day 2020
Fostering Change is a campaign
We, youth from care, are supported by First Call: BC Child and Youth Advocacy Coalition in our work to change the laws around transitioning from care at 19 by holding events for networking, raise public awareness, and speak to decision makers - like Policy Solutions Day. This is a great way to become involved in the community of youth in/from care in British Columbia.
Policy Solutions Day
- Serves as a unique opportunity to connect with decision makers, such as the Premier of the province, John Horgan.
- We meet with several decision makers during the day (virtually)
Let them know that as youth in and from care, their work in government needs to do a better job of supporting us in areas like transitions from care.
Want to know more about the day? Check out 2019's post here.
This year, we’ve moved to an online platform for Policy Solutions Day.
- On October 29th 2020, join us for the day over the Zoom meeting platform
- There will be training available to allow you to feel confident and share safely when speaking to decision maker
- Join us for debrief in the following days, the day can be long and difficult for some, know we are here for you before, during and after.
I’d like to group lead - What do I need to know?
The role of a Policy Solutions Day Group Lead
- Connect with your assigned group (5 or so people) regularly before of the event
- Sit with the group in meetings and ensure everyone gets a turn to speak
- Help diffuse tricky situations between peers, and decision makers
What we ask of you
- You’ve attended a previous Policy Solutions Day
- You are available for 2 dates of facilitation and conflict resolution training
- You are able to make all the meetings for your group (3-4 meetings) throughout the day of October 29th
- You are available between meetings to support your group on October 29th
What resources we will offer you
- Training to help facilitate the meetings between your peers and decision makers
- All the necessary materials you will need to communicate in the meetings
- Space, time to debrief and support from Campaign Organizer - Susan Russell-Csanyi and the First Call team
- An honorarium for your time in taking on this role
Please reach out to Susan Russell-Csanyi to express your interest.
204-803-3963 (text or call)
Facebook: direct message Susan Russell-Csanyi
What your expression of interest means
- Thank you for letting us know you are interested in taking on this role!
- We will let you know if you will be a group lead for the event by the end of September.
"The biggest takeaway we had from the experience collectively is that we’re not alone; we will continue to face obstacles and barriers in life but we know that no matter what we’ll have our siblings from care to lean on through it." - Soraya Bellou, Group Lead 2019