In this isolating circumstance, unify with us and our allies by signing the petition to make sure no youth falls through service gaps in this pandemic.612 signatures
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are asking you to take a stand with all youth who are in care and those who have aged out of care. Many of these youth are missing crucial support in this health crisis.
We are worried the “cliff” is more quickly approaching for our siblings and peers in and from care. Meaning the needs of children and youth from child welfare are being neglected during and after the time of COVID 19.
Youth in care networks and many allies are concerned for the well-being of these young adults, many of whom live in very precarious situations.
- Ally Darian Newell wrote a piece that you can use to prompt your local government to join us in rallying support for these youths.
- We wrote a letter to Minister Conroy of Child and Family Development with calls to action.
We highlight issues of:
- Ineligibility to Agreements with Young Adults, Employment Insurance, and survival supports
- Food scarcity and food in-affordability
- Loss of professional supports (mental health and recreation centers)
We know that social and financial costs will be immense if youth from care are undeserved especially during but also after this pandemic, and we call on the government to protect and implement effective measures for due safety and health at this time.
We want you to sign our petition now
Show your support of youth in care in British Columbia in relation to receiving support they deserve in the COVID19 health emergency.