Susan Russell published The Candidates Commitments to Youth Transitions in Our Stories 2020-10-20 14:33:28 -0700
The BC NDP, BC Liberals Party and BC Greens Party were asked 4 questions about improving youth transitions.Read more
Check out the commitments here.
Fostering Change created a toolkit to help it's youth, allies and stakeholders navigate the upcoming Provincial Election on October 24th 2020. This toolkit is meant to inform those who engage with it of their rights as voters. It is non-partisan, meaning it doesn't align or encourage any political parties platforms or beliefs.Read more
There will be a provincial election on October 24th 2020
We have a month to take on the unique tasks of building awareness with both decision makers and the public at the same time.
Let's join together to do all we can to get the ask of comprehensive and universal supports on all candidates platforms this election.
1) Help create the Election Toolkit
Fostering Change is creating an Election Toolkit which is meant to inform about the voting (democratic) process
Do you have a story, poem, or quote you’d like to share about your transition?
What went well?
What needs improving?
We will honor your time by offering you an honorarium of ($50, or living wage/hr - whichever is greater) by cheque or e-transfer.
How to get involved:
- Share your story! (Quote, story, poem) with Susan
- Take a photo, then share it with us (either of you, or one that describes your transition)
- Let us know if you want your honorarium by cheque or e transfer
Submissions due Monday September 28th
More info will be available soon! Here are some ways your involvement will push universal and comprehensive transitions in the coming weeks:
- Attend an all candidates meeting (in person, or zoom) electoral candidates are people running for political office.
- Find and write to your MLA about youth transitions
- Ask a question about youth transitions during a meeting.
We will provide you with templates, questions and training so you feel most confident when speaking to a candidate.
On August 22nd we held our 3rd Annual 19th Birthday Celebration. Check out why we celebrated and what we did with our community here.Read more