Dylan Cohen, Youth Organizer
Dylan Cohen is a community organizer and Indigenous former youth in care from Treaty One territory. He has worked as a grassroots campaigner for youth aging out of care and comes to our team with experience working with youth in policy advocacy in many settings. Dylan’s work with First Call began in August 2018 to support organizing the October 24 2018 rally and ongoing advocacy of children and youth in care. He’s a graduate of the University of Winnipeg’s Conflict Resolution Studies program and has spoken to dozens of audiences about campaigning and growing up in the system. He’s responsible for our Fostering Change campaign and can be usually found outside when not at work.
Fostering Change Community Organizers
Our Fostering Chance Community Organizers:
- Create opportunities for changing provincial policy
- Challenge systems of oppression and work with decision makers toward justice
- Educate and inform the public on our passions
- Be comprised of Indigenous and settler youth
- Show leadership in child welfare policy changes in the province through creativity, campaigning, and fun'
List and biographies of Community Organizers coming soon.